Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Welcome to all ships at sea!

Welcome to the first day of my new blog. If you know me, you realize that I'll probably lose interest in keeping this going within a few weeks. But for now, this should be fun.

Rather than me sending out countless E-mails every day to my friends, or people I think are my friends, but probably are more like "acquaintences," of my favorite links, I'm just going to post them here. Then hopefully you'll pass it on to your friends and then they'll pass it on to their friends and then something magical will happen and I'll become stinkin' filthy rich.

The links I post will fall into two categories:
1) Things I find funny
2) Things I find mildly amusing enough to keep me entertained for five minutes.


(WARNING: This latter category may occasionally include somewhat educational material. I am a nerd at heart after all.)

I'm also going to try and keep things PG-13 so the links are safe for work. I won't vouch for what else you find on the Intranets, but you ain't gonna get no smut here. Unfortunately.

Also, some of the links will once in a while have a progressive/leftist/communistic/beatnik bend to them. To be fair, if you send me some of your right-wing hatemongering, I will try to include it also, providing it meets one of the two criteria laid out above.

Hopefully, this will become one of your regular stopping points in that period of time between doing actual work and contemplating whether you want to walk down to the vending mechines for a snack. Except, the bag of Peanut M+Ms always gets stuck, so you have to put another 70 cents in. But now you have two bags of M+Ms and you feel compelled to eat both, but not too fast so you can rationalize to yourself that you were at least keeping your blood sugar level stable. Ya, that time.

No comments: