Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Botched dunks, Olberman, And on the 6th day...

1) I'd like to thank this Lithuanian guy for reinforcing the whole "white men can't jump" stereotype. What do you think would have happened to Gerald Green if he had gone crotch first into Nate Robinson?


2) I'm part of the generation of men who came of age listening to Keith Olberman give sports highlights while talking about biscuits in backets and shooters being "en fuego." I still am a fan now that he's willing to call out Bill O'Reilly and the chumps at Fox News. If you've never seen any of his end-of-show commentaries, you're missing out. Another great segment is his daily "Worst Person in the World" awards. Recently, it was Glen Beck's turn. Great clip. The girl he sexually harrasses on live TV can't possibly look more uncomfortable. It's like someone asked her if she likes The Who.

By the way, Glen Beck is the guy who once said: "I wonder if I'm alone in this - you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year."

3) I admit it. I enjoy wikipedia. Sometimes I'll just spend an hour looking stuff up and edumacating myself. And I know that wikis are criticized for sometimes lacking adequate sourcing. But it turns out they may be a lot more wrong than I realized.
Stephen Colbert would love conservapedia.com as it too feels that "facts" have a liberal bias.
Check out the entry on dinosaurs. Did you know that "there are a number of lines of evidence that point to dinosaurs and man coexisting" and that God created them on the 6th day?
Or that gravity is just a theory? Me neither!

1 comment:

AwesomeNeil said...

I love Olberman. I absolutely love Olberman.