Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Your thoughts are needed




I need a ruling on this one...

Am I within my rights to drop my support for John Edwards solely because his campaign theme song is that freakin' awful "Our Country" by John Mellencamp?

I like his focus on the economy and the growing divide between the Haves and Have-Nots. I think it's the single-most important issue this nation faces today, especially as we face yet another recession encouraged by shaky investment strategies (thanks hedge funds and your appetite for subprime loans!)

Yet, "Our Country" is pure evil. It's a cheap pop (yay, America!) disguised as a "rock" song that's played over and over again during every football and baseball game. Could I support Edwards if he said the Yankees were his favorite team? If he hailed from New Bedford? If he played shortstop for the Reds? (the softball team, not the baseball team)

Any thoughts on this?

No comments: