Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And with the number 3 pick in the 2008 draft...

OK, it's well past time that I start this thing back up. No more excuses. It's blog time baby.

I'm going to lead off with a Patriots postl this one from barstoolsports.com. For those of you not familiar with it, it's the daily blog for the Barstool Sports mag you see sprinkled around the streets of Boston. I really couldn't care much for the mag itself (it's a local version of Maxim, without the talented writers or any sort of design), but the blog is a freakin' hoot.

This posting is about one of my favorite factoids of the season: that (hypothetically speaking) the Patriots could run the table AND STILL wind up with a Top 3 pick in the draft. Thanks San Fran! That's the biggest con job since the 86 Celtics landed the Number 2 pick in that years' draft.

Although, I guess, that situation didn't exactly work out very well.

Anyway, unless 1987's Bo Jackson is making himself draft eligible this year, I don't think the Pats keep the pick: I think they spin it off for a grab bag of picks down the line.

No comments: